Off to a Great Start

Welcome to LA22’s blog for 2010.  

“What is a blog?” I hear you ask. Firstly, ‘blog’ is a portmanteau word which is a word made by blending two words together, in this case, ‘web’ and ‘log.’ A blog is a website maintained by an individual or group with regular entries and updates. These can be in the form of diary like entries, calendar events, graphics, videos, etc.

We will use this blog to post information about learning, specific tasks or lessons or to provide links of interest. It will be the central point for accessing student blogs once they are set up. Parents, friends and relatives are more than welcome to read and comment and subscribe to this or the students’ blogs and be part of our classroom learning community.

This is a key part of our move forward with “Learning for the 21st Century” where being able to effectively use the Internet is an important life skill. The blogs will enable us to do this safely and ethically. Students and teachers are learning how to use blogs effectively so please be patient with us, support and encourage us. We welcome any feedback.

“Anyone, anywhere, anytime……”

Mark Treadwell, 2008

blog

16 thoughts on “Off to a Great Start”

1. The blog site is a great way of communication between students teachers and parents. I think its great we can also check on the homework if they have left their book at school.

2. The class blog is a great way to communicate, and a good opportunity to show the student’s work.

3. Hey Ms.H,

My mum agrees that we are off to a great start and has posted a comment on my blog, she also wants one of her own. My mum’s alias is Baked Bean, I know, how embarassing!!!

From Emi22

4. Our kids are more in tune with technology than most adults. I think the blog is a great way to keep parents informed of what’s going on in class.

From mad22’s mum.

5. Good to see the effort being made by LA22. Hopefully the work done will be ramped up even more next term.
    Thanks.

6. I think that the class Blog is a very good means of communicating with the class, parents and teachers. It is good tool for the children to learn as it enables them to understand some of the better uses for the internet and computers.

7. ahm22’s mum says.

I realy liked the way that the blog is set out it is a very good way to communicate between parents and teachers.

8. Wow L.A.22! What a wonderful class blog. I’m very impressed with what I have read so far and I look forward to reading more of your wonderful work. This is a terrific way of keeping in touch with students, teachers and parents and a great way of being informed with what is going on in the class/school. So keep up the great work and I hope to read more about what you have done at school soon.
    Well done!

9. I think this is a great way for us parents to know whats going on in the class. It is also a great way to communicate.